What is Sport Premium?
Sport Premium is an amount of money which the government has agreed to allocate to schools for the next two academic years (2013-14 & 2014-15). The funding amount schools receive is based upon the number of children of primary age the school has at January of that year. The sport premium is to be used to increase the quality & breadth of PE & Sport provision, and increasing participation in PE & Sport. At Ebchester School, we strive to promote healthy and active lifestyles and aim to provide sporting opportunities for all our pupils. The 2014-15 Sport Premium funding for Ebchester School is £8225.
The money will be used for:
1) Investing in the Leisureworks Service Level Agreement (£2500) to provide the school with the following:
- Liaise with the school to develop an annual bespoke P.E. & Sport action plan.
- Provision of High Quality Coaching support across a variety of sports.
- A full organised annual programme of competitions/tournaments/festivals in addition to the National School Games.
- Participation, inclusion and excellence opportunities.
- Provision of an after-school activity in every term in a variety of sports.
- Promotion and development of links to local sports club.
- Central co-ordination of school sport programmers in Leisureworks area.
Additional ways we have prioritised the Sport Premium.
- £1000 towards the cost of transport to attend festivals and competitions
- £800 to replenish and supplement sport equipment
- £800 to hold an annual sports day and promote healthy lifestyles
- £1000 for training to improve teachers’ skills through courses (includes supply cover)
- £2000 to pay for outdoor adventurous activities not available in school
The Sport Premium Funding has impacted our school in the following ways:
The delivery of high quality physical education is paramount. With the support of Leisureworks and their highly trained coaching team the children receive high quality instruction in a broad range of sports. The teachers in school support and take part in lessons and benefit greatly from this in school training.
After the lessons observed or taught by our PE lead, staff are given lesson plans and high quality training. This support is driving up the quality of the PE provision in our school ensuring the teachers are now even more skilled to take PE forward independently.
Attending local sporting events is vital to promote healthy competition with the children. They take part in intra-school activities and those who are gifted and talented or more able in certain sports then enter the inter-school events.
More children are attending after-school sports clubs and more are becoming involved with sports clubs out of school.
The children need good quality equipment to take part in the lessons fully. The sports hall now has all sporting equipment to meet the long term plan which covers a broad and balanced range of activities.
We are a Rights Respecting School and aim to promote the right for all children to take part in special events and have access to healthy food. With our healthy initiatives and sports day we actively promote healthy choices and fairness to all. We aim to embed competition at all levels and hold annual sports days help achieve this.
We believe in access for all in sporting activities. To this end, we plan to subsidise outdoor adventurous activities such as canoeing and rock climbing which we cannot provide in school.