At Ebchester CE Primary School, we believe that everyone is unique and valued by God. We will create a nurturing, challenging and empowering community rooted in a sense of compassion, friendship and respect. We aspire to provide an outstanding education, underpinned by Christian values, to create well-rounded learners, resilient individuals and responsible citizens who are prepared for every adventure.
- To provide a nurturing and supportive school community where all children feel safe, happy and keen to learn
- To deliver a curriculum that allows all of our children to progress in skills, knowledge and understanding across a broad and balanced range of subjects
- To provide our children with a range of experiences beyond the classroom and school setting, that enhances both their understanding of the curriculum and their personal development
- To support the development of children’s resilience when faced with challenge and uncertainty
- To foster a love of outdoors in our children
- To develop our children’s skills as problem-solving and independent learners
- To reveal to children an understanding of how our core Christian values and the Christian faith influence our actions and ethical choices
- To allow our pupils to recognise the importance of being a responsible citizen, and contribute positively, in out own communities and the wider world.
To find out more about our Curriculum Intent, Implementation and Impact, please click the link below.
Curriculum Subject Areas
This section of the website is focused on providing an overview of the Ebchester CE Primary School Curriculum for children in Years 1 to 6. Please select the links below to find out about each curriculum subject.
- Religious Education
- Design Technology
- Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
- Physical Education
- Forest School
Early Years Foundation Stage
Our Reception classroom offers and safe and welcoming environment for the youngest pupils at Ebchester CE Primary School. We aim to provide challenging and engaging continuous provision to allow Reception pupils to be independent, active learners in both the indoor and outdoor learning environment.
Pupils are mostly taught through games and play.
The areas of learning are:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design
Please click this link to find out more about the topics covered in the Reception class – EYFS – Reception Long Term Plan
Curriculum Long Term Plans
Please select the link below to access the curriculum plans for each of our classes: