The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Ebchester CE Primary School:
- Mrs Rachel Clasper is the Head Teacher
- Mrs Arlene Bell is our designated SEN Governor
- Mrs Rachel Clasper and Miss Rippon are our designated Special Educational Needs Coordinators. Mrs Clasper has been SEN Co-ordinator since 2010. Miss Rippon has been co-ordinator since September 2017.
She achieved The National Award for SEN Co-ordination from the University of Cumbria. This role supports all
families in the transition for all SEN pupils working closely with multi-agencies and partnerships to ensure that their learning journey is a happy and successful one.
Miss Rippon is currently completing the National Award for SEN Co-ordination and is working alongside Mrs Clasper to ensure all pupils’ needs are met.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 01207 560349 or sending an email to: email@example.com
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.