The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. It includes not only the formal requirements of the National Curriculum, but also the range of additional opportunities that the school organises in order to enrich the experiences of our children. This includes an ever growing range of additional opportunities available to our children across all year groups.
Our Curriculum also includes the ‘hidden curriculum’, or what our children learn from the way they are treated and expected to behave. Ebchester CE Primary School aims to teach children how to grow into positive, responsible people, who can work and co-operate with others while developing knowledge and skills, so that they achieve all that they can.
At Ebchester CE Primary School, we believe that everyone is unique and valued by God. We will create a nurturing, challenging and empowering community rooted in a sense of compassion, friendship and respect. We aspire to provide an outstanding education, underpinned by Christian values, to create well-rounded learners, resilient individuals and responsible citizens who are prepared for every adventure.
- To provide a nurturing and supportive school community where all children feel safe, happy and keen to learn
- To deliver a curriculum that allows all of our children to progress in skills, knowledge and understanding across a broad and balanced range of subjects
- To provide our children with a range of experiences beyond the classroom and school setting, that enhances both their understanding of the curriculum and their personal development
- To support the development of children’s resilience when faced with challenge and uncertainty
- To foster a love of outdoors in our children
- To develop our children’s skills as problem-solving and independent learners
- To reveal to children an understanding of how our core Christian values and the Christian faith influence our actions and ethical choices
- To allow our pupils to recognise the importance of being a responsible citizen, and contribute positively, in out own communities and the wider world.
To find out more about our Curriculum Intent, Implementation and Impact, please click the link below.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
At Ebchester CE Primary School, we believe that inclusive education means providing all pupils with appropriate education and support alongside their peers. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Further information can be found in SEN Information Report. If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
Additional Curriculum Information
If you have any questions about our curriculum or the work we do in school, please speak to your child’s class teacher or alternatively, contact our Headteacher, Mrs Clasper, who will be happy to help.
Please click on the relevant section
- Curriculum Content (approach to each subject)
- Curriculum Plans
- Curriculum in Action
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework
- British Values
- Spiritual Moral / Social and Cultural (SMSC)
- Reading and Phonics
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.