At Ebchester CE Primary School, we believe it is important to develop the whole child, not just their academic ability.
Social and Emotional Support
- We are a ‘Rights Respecting’ school and aim to improve well-being and develop every child’s talents and abilities to their full potential.
- Our PSHE curriculum provides children with the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy and independent lives.
- We encourage pupils and parents/carers to discuss any concerns with staff either in person or over the telephone.
- Our playground support leaders support the younger children during playtimes. They plan and lead activities which encourage positive behaviour.
- We hold regular parent consultations and provide tours of the school.
- Ensure children are provided with an SEN Support Plan where needed
- Have experienced lunchtime supervisors who know the school well
- Ensure all staff and visitors are DBS checked and fully trained in all aspects of the role
- Use playground leaders to support children at playtime
- Have a range of afterschool activities which promote healthier lifestyles
- Use a ‘Buddy System’ to provide support to our younger pupils, whilst providing our older children with a role of responsibility
- We work closely with other professionals, both in-school staff, the school nurse, outside agencies and parent/carers to support all public health and medical needs within the school.
- We are able to meet with parents/carers to discuss any concerns with a confidential and supportive environment.
- Four members of staff are fully trained first aiders.
- We arrange school nurse involvement.
- We support children with additional Speech and Language needs by working in small groups, on a 1:1 basis or by involving speech and language professionals who regularly work with identified children in school.